Solutran is seeking a well-organized, talented individual with strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills. This person should have an entrepreneurial spirit and a “go-getter” mentality. The individual will perform in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Manager of Software Engineering will lead a team of talented software engineers who implement and maintain applications that add efficiencies to Solutran’s application support infrastructure. The ideal candidate is a highly technical, hands on software engineer with interest in leading a team of high performing senior level software engineers to automate and streamline our operations and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide, coach, mentor and lead a team of software engineers.
- Recruit high performing software engineers to join the team.
- Lead in application design
- Lead in Agile development process
- Develop applications using one or more of the following technologies: ASP.NET MVC (C#) .NET Core, Angular, PL/SQL, and PERL
- Collaborate closely with the Solutran operations team to build applications to monitor and support our application infrastructure.
- Lead efforts to migrate legacy applications to modern technology stack.
- Occasional on-call responsibilities to provide oversight on major issues.
- Manage the scrum process, including leading daily standups and sprint planning.
- Manage the software change management process to ensure all changes are completed in a consistent manner.
- Lead the implementation of software development best practices to ensure all code developed follows coding and security standards.
- Performs all activities in a manner consistent with Solutran’s core principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Net MVC (C#)
- .NET Core
- Oracle RDBMS (12c)
- Microsoft Windows
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in computer science, or proven experience leading software engineering teams.
- 5+ years as a software engineer, preferably with .NET, C#, AngularJS, and/or PL/SQL.
- Experience with Agile Scrum SDLC and managing high performing software engineering teams.
- Experience with JIRA, preferably as an administrator.
- Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate with individuals at all levels both internally to the Solutran organization and externally as needed.
- Database design, SQL, and stored procedure development experience
- Mobile application development experience
- Web services/SOA development experience
- Angular development experience
- Web design experience
The position is an office-based position in Plymouth, MN.
If you are ready for a challenge, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include why you are uniquely qualified for our position and company!
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
For more information regarding Solutran, please go to our website at www.solutran.com
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.