The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of system testing on simple to complex projects. The QA Analyst works collaboratively with the development and analyst teams to define testing strategy, write test plans, write test cases according to requirements and use cases, conduct system testing, and publish test results to stakeholders. The QA Analyst’s motivation should be to strive for excellence while facilitating testing, supporting development and ensuring quality to deliver systems that meet or exceed client expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, enforce, and maintain testing standards and practices to assure quality in all products.
- Perform testing on various software and reporting systems.
- Review and understand functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable and define test scenarios required to validate development aligns with requirements.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Support, troubleshoot, and analyze product issues including triaging issues with data processing and web applications. Collaborate with other departments to develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements. Effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical sides of the business, articulating issues or needs in a clear and concise manner.
- Contribute to strategic project teams from kick-off through successful implementation within established timeframes.
- Coordinate, lead, train and/or assist other analysts as needed on testing protocol.
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of SQL and relational data models.
- Experience using QA software and frameworks including: Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, Postman, SOAPUI, Appium, and any other test management, automation software and testing frameworks.
- Strong detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Advanced knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products and regulatory requirements for assigned products.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited direction while exercising good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and DBMS tools.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously under limited supervision.
- Associates or four year degree welcome with outstanding record of accomplishment
- Computer Science/IS/IT/Math degrees a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The colleague may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office-based position.
If you are ready for a challenge, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include why you are uniquely qualified for our position and company!
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
For more information regarding Solutran, please go to our website at www.solutran.com
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.