Solutran is a thriving payments technology company. We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our high performing and collaboration-focused team.
The Associate Counsel provides senior management with effective advice on legal strategies and their implementation and manages the legal function. The Associate Counsel is directly involved in complex business transactions and in drafting or review of all contracts. In addition, the Associate Counsel is responsible for researching regulatory or compliance implications of new and current products, and supervises various projects including the preparation of responses to government requests for proposals (RFP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and interprets legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents related to a variety of business, product, financial, and operational matters (e.g., customer contracts, vendor contracts, leases, purchase agreements) to protect the organization’s legal and business interests
- Advises on regulatory filings of such documents where applicable
- Assists the company in managing a variety of risks (i.e. legal, financial) by providing legal and business advice and solutions to the company on matters of insurance, banking and payments regulation, government regulation, and/or employment laws.
- Works with operating departments to ensure compliance with laws, statutes, and other regulations
- Researches legal issues surrounding industry-specific laws and provides guidance on industry and state-by-state practices
- Assists in preventing or resolving emerging matters
- Supervises the preparation and submission of company proposals in response to requests for proposals or invitations to bid from government agencies
- Assures compliance to all RFP requirements and related regulations
- Serves as Security and Compliance Officer and supervises assurance of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company information assets
- Performs training as needed
- Responsible for overseeing contract management software platform, including access management, contract retention and renewals
- Participates in and supervises dispute resolution which can range from informal advice to other departments to active discussions and correspondence with customers or their representatives to litigation management
- Performs other duties as required
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Juris Doctor degree from American Bar Association accredited law school
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a law firm or corporate legal department. Payments industry experience preferred, but not required
- Admitted to practice law before state and federal courts in the state of Minnesota
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Some travel required
If you are ready for a challenge, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include why you are uniquely qualified for our position and company!
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
For more information regarding Solutran, please go to our website at www.solutran.com
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.