Solutran, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is an innovative industry leader in the high-volume payments processing space with a focus on creating game-changing, customer friendly technologies. We serve the nation’s largest health insurers, retailers, state governments, and consumer product manufacturers. We are a market leader in each of our current business lines building market share with new products that administer over-the-counter benefits to Medicare Advantage participants and others, support food insecure individuals and families through government WIC EBT and SNAP programs and deliver state-of-the-art technology that incentivizes healthier eating via our Healthy Savings product.
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. The Product Manager works on an exciting new digital rewards and incentives platform and is responsible for product strategy, planning, and managing the entire product lifecycle from design through implementation and ongoing product management. The main deliverables and contributions to the organization include delivering industry-leading products that are consistent with the company’s vision and contribute substantially to company profitability, marketplace presence, and competitive positioning.
The Product Manager guides a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business by building new products and increasing the profitability of existing products. The person in this role should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. The incumbent must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. Strong communication skills are key to success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a product vision and roadmap including introduction of new functionality and services that materially expand market reach.
- Meet with stakeholders and participate in strategy discussions for product roadmap. Instill processes to keep living roadmap highly visible and accessible to all stakeholders so direction can be adjusted as needed.
- Organize, manage, and lead cross-functional product prioritization teams.
- Take ownership and accountability over the entire lifecycle of the product (design, development, testing, deployment, production validation, on-going product and release management).
- Manage complex project plans to ensure that development initiatives and the impacted functional areas stay on schedule and stakeholder expectations are satisfied.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while also meeting required deadlines.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally, creating a solid track record of building relationships.
- Track and manage issues, risks, assumptions, action items, and decisions through to resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise (functional details) in all areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on project needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in client/prospect-related discussions or presentations.
- Work with minimal direction on complex, technical initiatives.
- Take mentorship role with junior team members to support their growth and expanding skillset to help create a stronger team.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years as a product owner, including experience in defining, owning, and managing product design and road map.
- Understand complex problems and craft simple solutions.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and third parties.
- Ability to conceptualize, research, and evaluate new ideas objectively from a market and financial standpoint and translate ideas into expected business impact.
- Proven ability to strategize, plan, and execute a product through its lifecycle.
- High degree of tolerance for uncertainty since new product development is ever changing.
- Ability to grasp technical processes quickly.
- Ability to envision and execute product adaptations and product extensions to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Healthcare, wellness or health promotion background preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The colleague may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
If you are ready for a challenge, Apply Now.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.