Solutran, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is an innovative leader with a focus on creating game-changing, customer friendly technologies in the high-volume payments processing space. We serve the nation’s largest retailers, health insurers, state government and consumer product manufacturers. We are a market leader in each of our current business lines building market share with new products that administer Government EBT programs to food insecure individuals through WIC EBT and SNAP programs and over-the-counter benefits to the Medicare/Medicaid population.
The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for understanding detailed client needs, defining how our solutions can meet those needs gathered via RFPs and client-facing meetings including in person, and translating requirements to internal teams. These responsibilities will span the entire lifecycle of enterprise client relationships, beginning with the first project and continuing through subsequent projects, requiring elements of long-term account management relationship fostering.
The individual is expected to work side by side with our account team and customers while making sure that our product development and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. The position requires a unique blend of business development, listening, analysis, design, and communication skills.
Many client engagements include strategic partners requiring the ability to support and understand how the partnerships work and their benefit to the client. During strategic sales events you will be called on to articulate Solutran’s technical vision and configure and present complex solution demonstrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the sales analysis process; assist internal sales, executive personnel and strategic partners to complete pre-sales analysis to determine information required for the client presentation, matching the prospects needs with our services and product capabilities
- Partnership with the marketing organization to co-develop compelling solution presentations
- Support the account management team as an expert on the technical and integration aspects of Solutran solutions throughout the sales cycle
- Ongoing client implementation engagement as needed through to production solution go live
- Articulate the value of the proposed solution in the context of the client opportunity and requirements, including current and future product efforts
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major accounts
- Support sales personnel in proactive road mapping sessions to assist our customers in prioritizing needs and budgets
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of client needs and perform pre-demo needs analysis
- Demonstrate our products, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing clients, both onsite and remote
- Assist the sales personnel in responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Stay current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and POC
- Stay current on competitive analyses and understand differentiators between the company and its competitors
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- Prepare for deployment by working with account, product, and engineering teams to conduct transition briefing by communicating commitments, expectations etc.
- Support sales opportunities by conducting customized demonstrations, presentations and proofs of concept, including conducting discovery sessions with clients
- Follow up with account team throughout the sales cycle as needed to help secure business
- Provide assessments of prospects current architecture and recommendations on proposed future implementation architecture
- Act as the subject matter expert related to how Solutran products are integrated, secured and technically operated
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 2+ years of related experience in ITIL, Service Management, Asset Management, IT Management
- Understanding of enterprise IT architecture
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Understanding of the sales process and trusted advisor for account team
- Prior pre-sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
- Possesses strong attention to detail, time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to communicate, mentor, teach, and explain concepts at multiple levels with the capability to extract the business value related to the proposed solutions
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Ability to write error-free, professional proposals and executive summaries for clients
- Ability to meet and exceed business deadlines established
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build and maintain connections
Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
If you are ready for a challenge, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include why you are uniquely qualified for our position and company!
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
For more information regarding Solutran, please go to our website at www.solutran.com
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.