Solutran, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is an innovative industry leader in high-volume payments with a focus on creating industry-interruptive technologies. Our mission is to change the way America eats. Our goal is to have 100% referenceable clients. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, non-profit, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions. We promote health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Account Executive for Nutrition Programs is responsible for developing Solutran’s Healthy Savings/Food Program business relationships with non-profits, foundations, educational institutions and government entities, as well as direct employer accounts as assigned. This responsibility includes networking, prospect development, revenue generation, and overall customer success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate capabilities of Solutran technology to those who can use our programs to serve food insecure populations.
- Establish relationships within the broader industry and work with connectors such as Partnership for a Healthier America to increase program stature and get live introductions.
- Present fact-based business proposals that lead to successful opportunities.
- Create compelling sales propositions and deliver persuasive sales presentations using program data, market trends and creative insights.
- Identify, prioritize, and secure business opportunities based on understanding of our program advantages and the service strategies of our customers.
- Forge strong working relationships with senior executives and other decisions makers in the target prospect accounts.
- Develop Target Account Plans (TAP) to ensure appropriate focus on key accounts; create and execute annual sales plans to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- Allocate time for research, planning, prospecting, and opportunity management.
- Participate with internal partners on implementations to assure success and reporting check-ins to ensure the customer is recognizing the value in their Healthy Savings investment.
- Lead or assist in RFP writing efforts when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Passion for mission-based work such as access to healthy food for food insecure populations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of sales experience with non-profit, government or other mission-based programs.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals and satisfying customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and Sales Automation tools such as Salesforce.
- Excellent skills for networking and championing mission-based programs.
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Desire to work with non-profits.
- Proven, successful problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve results.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does require the ability to travel up to 25%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.