Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs (SNAP, eWIC), employers, and retailers. We have established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
We are dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing Solutran’s Healthcare and OTC business relationships with health plan prospects. This responsibility includes networking, prospect development, revenue generation, and overall customer success. This role may also assist with developing business relationships and revenue generation with non-profits, government entities, and direct employer accounts (as assigned) for our Healthy Savings/Food Programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops annual business plans to maximize productivity within the target prospect markets while achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives.
- Allocates time for research, planning, prospecting, and opportunity management.
- Forges strong working relationships with senior executives and other decision makers in the target prospect accounts.
- Define compelling sales propositions using internal and external data.
- Create persuasive sales presentations using program data, market trends and creative insights.
- Communicates effectively and manages program launch and reporting check-ins to ensure the customer is recognizing the value in their program investment.
- Collaborate with internal partners on implementation to assure success.
- Assist in leading RFP writing efforts when appropriate.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of sales experience.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals and satisfying customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and Sales Automation tools such as Salesforce.
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience related to health plans and/or employer groups.
- Excellent skills for networking and championing mission-based programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee must have the ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is open to remote candidates.
This position does require up to 30% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.