Make an Impact
Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs, such as WIC and SNAP, as well as with employers and retailers. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran has grown over four times in size in the last couple of years. As a result, in January we became part of the Optum Financial family (a part of UnitedHealth Group). The Solutran team and our platform are now at the center of the most significant healthcare payments innovation in modern history. The journey is just beginning. We expect this growth to accelerate and invite you to grow with us!
This position is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining an assigned portfolio of account relationships. Our Account Managers maintain a solid understanding of each of their client’s business and respective industry. The successful candidate develops expert knowledge of our products and services, proactively and effectively communicates with key client contacts, and generates new revenue by cross-selling services.
The Account Manager acts as the ‘voice of the client’ and promotes a client centric culture while serving as both a professional resource and escalation point on behalf of the client to ensure inquiries are responded to and resolved in a timely fashion.
In addition, our Account Managers ensure client sponsored initiative commitments are effectively managed and review the performance and value of the solutions being provided. Candidates must understand and act as an internal advocate on any additional solution needs or gaps, and coordinate and facilitate activities associated with using new solutions.
Account Managers are expected to maintain assigned clients with a high-level of autonomy and self-sufficiency. The role of the Account Manager is to secure, build and sustain long term client relationships. The Account Manager ensures that the client’s business owners are satisfied with and recognize the value of the solutions and services being provided by Solutran. Further, that these business owners view Solutran, an Optum company, as the ‘go to’ expert based on the breadth and depth of our product offerings.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain a solid understanding of each of the assigned client businesses, their unique industries, and the services we provide them. Understands the client’s needs on a day-to-day basis as well as a strategic level and how our services benefit them.
- Develop strong working relationships with key contacts within each company including the decision makers, influencers, and coaches. Proactively manage each client relationship through frequent contact consistently documenting communication in call reports, Salesforce, or other systems as specified.
- Oversee all aspects of client and product implementations. Partner with the Business Analyst Team, IT and Operations to implement services aimed at meeting the unique technical and process needs of each client as well as business needs of Solutran. Ensure client deadlines and internal lead times are met.
- Analyze and research client issues and trends. Exercise resourcefulness and creativity when handling unique or complex issues on behalf of our clients. Act as liaison between client and internal departments to resolve issues.
- Use analytical skills to monitor trends on client accounts effectively using the systems and tools available. Look for process improvement and service opportunities as a result of trends. Escalate concerning trends to management.
- Mentor Service Specialist team members in their support of client business, which may include training.
- Ensure total client satisfaction by soliciting feedback. Keep a strong pulse on each client and anticipate their needs.
- Perform an annual service review with each assigned client. This includes product performance, pricing review, contract renewals and, discussing cross-selling opportunities as well as gaining an understanding of upcoming strategic initiatives
- Educate clients on features, functionality, benefits, and costs of services.
- Act as the voice for the clients – bring forth ideas for improving or enhancing our products, services, and support. Participate in the creation of solutions that meet both client and Solutran business needs in situations where the current services do not meet client needs.
- Provide timely communication of industry related information and new product strategies and offerings to assigned client base. Request support from product and sales experts to assist in educating and selling new products to clients.
- Grow revenue through cross selling and up-selling to assigned client base. Update management and internal systems with all opportunities.
- Prepare and present proposals. Understand operating costs associated with the delivery of services when preparing pricing contracts. Ensure we do not over promise our services.
- Manage and/or participate in departmental projects and process improvements. Develop and/or refine processes and procedures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in an account manager role or equivalent experience working with clients.
- Proven experience identifying and communicating existing solution enhancements and new solution needs by articulating the voice of the client and market.
- Engaging subject matter expert who can drive process improvements focused on increasing client satisfaction, streamlining workflows and/or reducing internal expense.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Proven experience managing multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Excellent computer and technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products, and regulatory requirements for assigned products.
- Banking/ACH experience preferred.
Learn and Grow
We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. At Solutran, you have the opportunity to work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are both teachers and learners who are valued for their contributions and the perspective they bring.
Company Benefits and Perks
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance plans.
- Start accruing 18 or 23 PTO days per year (based on salary grade) when working 40 hours per week. PTO accrual is pro-rated for our part-time employees.
- Your number of PTO days increase with your years of service.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Support for Community Involvement
- Casual dress when working in the office
Where You Will Work
The position is an office-based position in Plymouth, Minnesota. In this role, you may have the opportunity for a hybrid schedule (in office and work from home) with manager approval.
This position does not require frequent travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and/or vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Solutran, LLC. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.