Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
Solutran is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join a growing and innovative team. This individual will be a vital member of the Finance team holding responsibility for processing the Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) to accurately record Solutran’s business activities. This includes the maintenance and documentation of current operating procedures to ensure consistency and accuracy of these processes. Furthermore, this position will be responsible for various general ledger activities and account reconciliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounts Receivable
- Compiles all necessary invoicing data across all Solutran services.
- Generates client invoices monthly and coordinates a review of invoices involving the appropriate sales and operational personnel.
- Generates non-standard invoices as needed throughout the month.
- Initiates direct debit collection of A/R invoices.
- Daily review of bank account activity to identify cash receipt activity.
- Responsible for depositing of cash receipts and applying to customer accounts.
- Research and resolve invoicing differences.
- Assists with developing and implementing process improvements.
- Accounts Payable
- Maintains accurate vendor files, code invoices, enters invoices into the accounting system for payment, and issues checks weekly.
- Works with other Solutran departments internally for verification and invoice approvals.
- Reconciles vendor statements, working with outside vendors on general inquiries and billing discrepancies.
- Manages expense reporting software and collection and coding of expense report data.
- Works with corporate credit cards holders to ensure timely remittance of supporting documentation.
- Assists with developing and implementing process improvements.
- Reviews and reconciles client postage and business reply postage.
- Assists with miscellaneous monthly general journal entries.
- Collects fixed asset data on a quarterly basis.
- Maintains sales and use tax tracking sheet and completes filing on an annual basis.
- Prepares annual Form 1099 filings.
- Assists with preparations for annual financial audit.
- Develop and maintain A/R and A/P accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists with special projects, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in implementing new accounting systems.
- Experience with A/R and A/P automation tools such as A/P invoice capture, expense reporting software, vendor software for A/R invoice submission.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Strong process discipline in a continuous improvement environment.
- 5+ years of experience with A/R and A/P processing.
- Track record of success in adaptation and utilization of automated accounting tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.