Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
This is a key technical position in a leading FinTech company (Solutran) that is operating independently as part of Optum Financial/UHG. This position is located in Tampa, FL.
As a Retail Integration Business Analyst at Solutran, you will play a key role in our S3 network expansion and implement systems that contribute to the network’s best-in-class availability and transaction processing integrity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and technical background to troubleshoot, support, and enhance a complex transaction processing infrastructure. This person will also be comfortable providing technical guidance and support to transaction processing developers at both Solutran and our merchant partners.
In this role you will collect, collate, and translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria that can be built into quality software by our development teams. You will be an active thought partner and subject matter expert, deeply involved in new projects that provide our clients and users with an unmatched set of products and services.
You must possess a unique blend of analytical skills along with business and technical expertise. You will collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, QA, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to build products that delight our users. Solutran is a stable, fast-growing company with opportunities to advance and now is the time to join us!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain S3 retailer integration specification and supporting documentation.
- Act as lead technical contact for merchants for POS integration projects.
- Assist in transaction processing platform QA and testing for merchant and Solutran development projects.
- Troubleshoot transaction, benefit, and settlement processing issues and anomalies.
- Assist in merchant production implementations and ongoing support.
- Work with product teams to improve and enhance the S3 transaction processing infrastructure.
- Design and implement controls that will ensure 100% S3 transaction processing platform quality and availability.
- Performs all activities in a manner consistent with Solutran’s core principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Oracle RDBMS (12c)
- Microsoft Windows
- Bachelors or Associate degree in a STEM related major preferred and /or proven experience working with software engineering teams.
- 2+ years of Business Analyst/Associate Product Management experience or equivalent.
- Experience delivering complex, powerful products that are made simple for users, delivering successful results.
- SOAP/JSON web service design, testing and support.
- Advanced SQL query writing experience.
- Proven experience testing complex software platforms.
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing concepts and message types.
- Experience with JIRA and SCRUM.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development, writing use cases, user stories and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate with individuals at all levels both internally to the Solutran organization and externally as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position in Tampa, FL with flexibility to work from home. (Hybrid schedule)
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.