Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
Solutran is seeking a well-organized, talented individual with strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills to provide support as a Business Analyst to our organization. This person should have an entrepreneurial spirit and a “go-getter” mentality. The individual will perform in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Business Analyst serves as the liaison among product management, operations, client services, and development to translate business needs into product requirements. The Business Analyst elicits, understands, analyzes and translates requirements into technical documentation. The Business Analyst communicates the requirements to the project delivery team and facilitates activities through the development lifecycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned product(s), processes, and related performance.
- Complete feature analysis, elicit, translate and simplify requirements and turn into artifacts including functional design documents, technical requirements, use cases, developing test plans and test cases, conducting testing, overseeing training and procedural documentation and managing implementations.
- Work collaboratively with design, development, and others to ensure understanding and to gain consensus during the requirements process.
- Interface with IT in developing requirements to ensure an efficient architecture and design of the final outcome.
- Interface with Operations in analyzing business needs to enhance operational performance and effectiveness.
- Interface with Client Service in analyzing client needs related to existing products and services.
- Interface with Product Development in analyzing client needs related to new client implementations or new product initiatives.
- Proactively seek and implement process improvements including analyzing data trends to identify opportunities through internal & external system/process enhancements.
- Analyze product issues, perform root cause analysis and develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements.
- Assist product or project manager in documenting requirements and implementing new strategic features or functionality.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional product or project teams.
- Identify financial, operational or compliance risks and establish controls to mitigate risks.
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations.
- Support Operations Analysts in trouble-shooting complex issues and well as supporting with evening coverage.
- Cross-train to support other Business Analyst’s with their products as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university and two or more years related experience
- Detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products and regulatory requirements for assigned products.
- Understanding of project management and testing methodology and procedures.
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas and conferring cross-functionally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to develop test schedules, review testing plans, track test issues and report on test results.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.