Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
Our service specialists are responsible for managing the day-to-day service needs of an assigned client base. In this role, the service specialist responds to questions and resolves client issues in a timely manner by maintaining a solid understanding of our services and how they are delivered along with the various systems that drive the processing and delivery. A service specialist maintains a solid understanding of our clients, their businesses and how our products are utilized to meet their unique needs while educating clients on use of our products. Other duties include completing account set up on a variety of systems and ensuring services are delivered with high quality and according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Resolves customer problems in a timely manner. Is resourceful and creative when handling unique or complex issues on behalf of our clients. Analyzes each situation to determine root cause and involves additional experts when necessary.
- Acts as liaison between client and internal departments to resolve issues. Understands when an issue requires a sense of urgency or the need to escalate.
- Educates clients on use of our reports and services and responds via verbal, electronic written correspondence to a variety of questions relating to processes and delivery of products.
- Resolve client escalated issues by providing excellent customer service via phone/verbal communication or written electronic communication and handling situations using de-escalation techniques when required.
- Keeps accurate and complete record of all client contacts in designated systems and manages all open issues through to resolution. Identifies problem trends and makes recommendations for eliminating problem sources.
- Implements services and accounts in a variety of systems. Ensures services are set up accurately and within agreed upon lead times.
- Monitors account balances daily and works with clients to resolve overdrafts.
- Monitors minimum balance requirements and recommends new minimums when activity levels change. Notifies clients when funding is required to maintain agreed upon balance levels.
- Works with both clients and vendors to resolve and eliminate MICR quality issues, exceptions and rejects.
- Partners with our banking constituents to research and resolve deposit errors, billing discrepancies and other service issues.
- Identifies and makes suggestions for process improvement and expense savings opportunities.
- Participates in department projects. Develops processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required/preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Professional level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Independent and resourceful
- Must have a passion for working with people and solving problems
- Solid decision-making skills
- 2-3 years’ experience in working with large national accounts in a support role
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel – 10% travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.