Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
Solutran is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to assist the Associate Counsel and Compliance Officer by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review, research, investigation, and fact checking. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and a self-starter with strong administrative, organizational, communication and writing skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Associate Counsel with reviewing, preparing, and interpreting legal contracts, letters of agreement, and other documents related to a variety of business, product, financial, and operational matters (ex: customer contracts, vendor contracts, leases, purchase agreements) to protect the company’s legal and business interests.
- Research and analyze industry standards, statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal or industry sources; provides written analysis for the Associate Counsel and Compliance Officer.
- Prepare correspondence to clients.
- Organize and maintain documents in an electronic filing system.
- Assist in compiling information for statistical reports or other reports required of the department.
- Assist in reviewing and ensuring the company’s compliance with related laws, regulations, and/or contractual obligations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required.
- 0-3 years’ experience as a Paralegal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities, to staggered deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to uphold to the strictest level of confidentiality and effectively manage sensitive information with professionalism while exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience working on RFP requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret statutes, regulations, legal articles, statistical data, judicial decisions, and other legal sources. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.