Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
Solutran is seeking an engaging and passionate individual with strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills to serve as a Data & Reporting Analyst for our organization. A background in Economics, Business, Management Information Systems or Mathematics is preferred but not required. We are primarily looking for a person that has a drive to learn and succeed. The individual will perform in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Data & Reporting Analyst is responsible for performing ad-hoc analysis, market research, forecasting and providing internal and external reporting. The Data & Reporting Analyst will also identify process improvements to increase efficiencies and strategic opportunities to increase growth. Data & Reporting Analyst are subject matter experts across Solutran products and will work across multiple teams and departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for analyzing key data as requested by others via SQL queries, market research, and other potential sources.
- Review, compare and verify daily, weekly, and monthly internal and external client reporting while auditing and structuring data to move it forward to next steps.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of various reports, including analysis of operational trends.
- Assist with forecast analysis.
- Provide ongoing impact analysis to forecasts to incorporate new operational processes and/or historical data and provide benchmark analysis comparing forecast to actuals.
- Provide subject matter expertise and ensure quality for reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Product to support requirements documentation for new reporting or data needs.
- Support strategic projects for executive leadership via market and product research for new product and growth opportunities. Locate and analyze data to evaluate opportunities.
- Collaborate and work with a variety of departments and team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- BA or BS degree required
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled Excel user and efficient in Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with SQL
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity using investigative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Strong analytical, data gathering and market research skills
- Good business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Strong work ethic and commitment to constant improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to problem solve
- Economics, Business, Management Information Systems or Mathematics background
- Proficient in SQL
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.