Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Manager of Software Quality Assurance is responsible for managing a team of Quality Assurance Analysts to provide quality software programs, enhancements, and release cycles that leverages technology to deliver on our organizational strategy. This position supports the overall Solutran quality assurance vision, including oversight and direct work output of all aspects of our testing efforts: software quality assurance testing process, test planning and scheduling, test case development, and evaluation of test results to determine the fitness for release. This position partners with the Product Management team for test script development and on-going maintenance. The Manager of Software Quality Assurance successfully advocates and implements process changes to ensure that we are simplifying, innovating, growing, and being there for the clients and members we serve.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Director of Product Management, develop, implement and manage a QA strategy that includes an enterprise automation and mobile test strategy.
- Establish and enhance process, standards, and best practices for quality assurance and monitors adherence to standards on an ongoing basis.
- Create and oversee creation of test plans, test cases, automated test scripts, automation frameworks and process documentation based on the overall PM, Agile, SDLA, and QA processes.
- Perform testing on various software and reporting systems and support, troubleshoot, and analyze product issues including triaging issues with data processing and web applications.
- Recruit, develop, and coach a high performing team of QA leads and analysts.
- Create QA metrics to provide status and measure QA effectiveness.
- Oversee test methodologies and approach conducted to ensure compliance with testing strategy and vision.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with IT team and ensures that there is product understanding and support.
- Collaborate with all departments to understand current and upcoming projects and plans and communicates all updates regularly with the QA team.
- Provide guidance to QA leads, analysts, and project/product managers in the development of estimates and creation of testing deliverables. Review detailed testing deliverables frequently to ensure quality of work.
- Protect the organization by keeping information confidential and cautioning others regarding potential breaches.
- Contribute to product success by effectively collaborating across all departments and welcoming feedback as well as related, different, or new requests and ideas.
- Align the QA strategy with Solutran’s strategic goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in math or computer science. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related information systems experience and/or education may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills wit the ability to converse with all Solutran team members and leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of software quality assurance (integration, system, regression and user acceptance, performance testing) principles and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of programming languages, software procedures, applications, and products.
- Extensive knowledge of QA testing tools including automation testing tools such as Selenium, TestNG, Jira, X-ray, HP ALM, VersionOne, Zephyr, Rally, Rational, MS MTM, TFS/VSTS, SOAPUI, virtualization technology.
- Experience with measuring Quality Assurance effectiveness.
- 5+ years’ experience in software quality assurance including experience with software testing tools, techniques and methodologies; short release cycles, the full software lifecycle; work on a product that was released for public consumption, benchmarking, performance analysis and measurement.
- 5+ years’ experience in implementing and maintaining a mobile testing strategy for applications developed for iOS, Android, and other mobile devices.
- Experience managing a team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.