Solutran, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is an innovative industry leader in high-volume payments with a focus on creating industry-interruptive technologies. Our mission is to change the way America eats. Our goal is to have 100% referenceable clients.
We serve the nation’s largest health insurers, retailers, state governments, and consumer product manufacturers and are market leaders in each of our businesses. We are currently building market share with new products that administer over-the-counter benefits to Medicare Advantage participants, support food insecure individuals and families through government WIC EBT and SNAP programs and incentivize healthier eating via our Healthy Savings® programs.
Our culture is one of understanding our customers’ goals and using advanced technology to help them achieve success. The Healthy Savings program provides tremendous long-term benefit to our partners and results in recurring revenue and growth opportunities for our sales teams.
The National Account Executive—CPG Sales position is responsible for identifying, executing and supporting sales initiatives for the growth of the Healthy Savings program, which hosts brand offers and discounts to drive awareness, trial and ongoing engagement for products that qualify as healthy. This responsibility includes networking, prospect development, contracting, revenue generation and ongoing client offer procurement leading to client’s overall success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell and procure promotion sponsorship from Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) manufacturers.
- Influence CPG Shopper Marketing and Brand teams at the Regional and Headquarter level to sponsor frequent promotional discounts on their healthy products.
- Identify, prioritize, and secure business opportunities based on the understanding of our program advantages and the business strategies of our customers.
- Plan and prepare sales pitches and presentation materials focused on target companies.
- Present fact-based business proposals that lead to successful opportunities.
- Develop monthly brand promotional plans to ensure adequate offers are available and report progress weekly, monthly.
- Accurately forecast current business, prospect opportunities and client funding levels.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to meet customer goals and assist with contract management and implementations.
- Support key sales events.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent selling skills to sophisticated and unsophisticated corporate entities.
- 3-5 years of experience selling/advising CPG brands, and knowledge of promotion management a plus.
- Experience selling digital shopper promotions or as a corporate retail buyer working with consumer product manufacturers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective written communications.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft programs.
- Hard working, results-oriented individual.
- Experience with Catalina, News America, Coupons.com, or other promotional platform a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does require frequent travel up to 30%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.