Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. The Product Manager works on Solutran products and is responsible for product strategy, planning, and managing of the entire product lifecycle from design through implementation, as well as ongoing product management. The main deliverables and contributions to the organization include delivering industry-leading products that are consistent with the company’s vision and contribute substantially to company profitability, marketplace presence, and competitive positioning.
The Product Manager guides a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business by building new products and increasing the profitability of existing products. The person in this role should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority, and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity, and complexity. The incumbent must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. Strong communication skills are key to success in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a product vision and roadmap including introduction of new functionality and services that materially expand market reach.
- Meet with stakeholders and participate in strategy discussions for product roadmap. Instill processes to keeping living roadmap highly visible and accessible to all stakeholders so direction can be adjusted as needed.
- Organize, manage, and lead cross-functional product prioritization teams.
- Take ownership and accountability over the entire lifecycle of the product (design, development, testing, deployment, production validation, on-going product and release management).
- Manage complex project plans to ensure that development initiatives and the impacted functional areas stay on schedule and stakeholder expectations are satisfied.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while also meeting required deadlines.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally, creating a solid track record of building relationships.
- Track and manage issues, risks, assumptions, action items, and decisions through to resolution.
- Provide subject matter expertise (functional details) in all areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on project needs.
- Provide subject matter expertise in client/prospect-related discussions or presentations.
- Work with minimal direction on complex, technical initiatives.
- Take mentorship role with junior team members to support their growth and expanding skillset to help create a stronger team.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years as a product owner, including experience in defining, owning, and managing product design and road map.
- Understand complex problems and craft simple solutions.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and third parties.
- Ability to conceptualize, research, and evaluate new ideas objectively from a market and financial standpoint and translate ideas into expected business impact.
- Proven ability to strategize, plan, and execute a product through its lifecycle.
- High degree of tolerance for uncertainty since new product development is ever changing.
- Ability to grasp technical processes quickly.
- Ability to envision and execute product adaptations and product extensions to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Healthcare, wellness, or health promotion background preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.