Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Sales Analyst plays an integral role within the CPG Sales team, supporting both the Account Executives and Sales Manager with critical business tasks. Responsibilities include data retrieval/analysis and creation of client reporting; assistance in promotional scheduling and setup; lead generation and new brand prospecting; and other ad-hoc projects as needed. This is an amazing opportunity for entry level salespeople to gain valuable skills and exposure to the sales cycle, client presentations, negotiation, methodology and best practices. It is expected that a successful Sales Analyst will grow into a direct sales role within 12-18 months of employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Compiles client performance data and creates program reporting, both quarterly and ad-hoc
- Evaluates data and provides actionable insights and recommendations to Sales team
- Reviews product nutritional ratings for prospective clients and acts as liaison between Sales team and Guiding Stars
- Assists Sales team in scheduling brand promotions within SOAR system; maintains client promotional calendars to ensure accuracy
- Collaborates with Setup team to manage and alleviate client or promotion issues
- Assists Sales Manager in weekly and monthly Salesforce and forecast reporting
- Provides up-to-date, accurate lead lists to Marketing and assists Sales Manager in assigning new leads
- Utilizes LinkedIn Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg and cold calling to find new brand leads
- Cultivates brand leads and schedules webinar presentations for Account Executives
- Monitors and analyzes competitive activity as well as market and customer trends
- Manage key metrics carefully about pipeline development and growth while sharing lessons learned and best practices with colleagues.
- All other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Proven, successful problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize activities to achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with sales automation tools (i.e., Salesforce)
- Some sales experience preferred; strong desire toward a sales profession.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.