Solutran, based in Plymouth, Minnesota, is an innovative financial technology industry leader in the high-volume payments processing space with a focus on creating game-changing, customer friendly technologies. We serve the nation’s largest health insurers, retailers, state governments, and consumer product manufacturers in a unique blend of participants on an innovative payment network. We are a market leader in each of our current business lines building market share with new products that administer over-the-counter benefits to Medicare Advantage participants and others, support food insecure individuals and families through government WIC EBT and SNAP programs and deliver state-of-the-art technology that incentivizes healthier eating via our Healthy Savings product.
At Solutran, our culture is one where we strive to understand our prospects goals first, such that we can lead them to success. Our programs provide immense long-term benefits to our customers. As such, this requires the sales leaders and their teams to be relentlessly focused on creating material value for our customers and seeing each program through to a successful launch. This results in high customer satisfaction and recurring revenue for the business, while creating additional growth opportunities for the entire organization into the future.
This position will be responsible for identifying, executing, and supporting sales initiatives across this unique blend of solution and network constituents. This includes the S3 promotion and payment platform that runs on the S3 network as well as the Visa processing capabilities. This role will directly manage the healthcare sector sales team working to bring these healthy living programs to sponsors. This position will also have direct ownership over our largest key healthcare accounts. Finally, the role also includes management of the team responsible for onboarding and managing the S3 retailer network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct sales and sales leadership to procure benefits and rewards programs with the top one hundred healthcare companies.
- Align with key retail and program manager partners to drive jointly coordinated sales activities, as well as complex implementation and operational alignment.
- Responsible for the strategic relationship management across all healthcare client and partner accounts.
- Directly manage the healthcare sales and retail network sales teams.
- Adopt and help evolve the Solutran sales strategies with a focus on driving financial results.
- Foster a positive, fair and results-oriented sales culture in which teamwork and collaboration with the rest of the organization are the key tenants.
- Identify, prioritize, and secure business based on a deep understanding of our program and the business strategies of our customers.
- Plan and prepare sales pitches and presentation materials focused on target companies.
- Present fact-based business proposals that lead to successful opportunities.
- Develop strong working relationships with key contacts within each company.
- Maintain a CRM and business tracking process focused on up to date data and team member task ownership.
- Partner with other cross-functional teams to meet customer goals; assist with contract management and implementations.
- Demonstrate an existing knowledge base of the health insurance industry or an ability to quickly learn it. This includes an emphasis on government-funded plans.
- Exercise enterprise solution selling capabilities and strong leadership intuition.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with strong organization skills.
- Experience managing sales teams.
- Capable of team leadership—ability to manage tasks/projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective written communications.
- Detail and results-oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Experience in retail technology or payment networks.
- Experience selling to health insurers or health and wellness platforms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does require frequent travel—up to 30%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.