Solutran is a thriving payments technology company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions in the health care space. We partner with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
Solutran is seeking a well-organized, talented individual with strong writing and multi-tasking skills to provide support as a Senior Business Analyst to our organization.
In this client facing role, the Senior Business Analyst serves as the liaison between our clients and product management, operations, client services, and development to translate business needs into product requirements for our software engineers. The Senior Business Analyst elicits, understands, analyzes, and translates product requirements from our government clients into technical documentation, communicating the requirements to the project delivery team and facilitating activities through the development lifecycle.
A successful candidate will have the ability to translate non-technical information into technical requirements and vice versa. He/she will have a strong customer service orientation and thrive working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with assigned government entities to effectively manage product(s) by writing user stories, taking business requirements and turning them into internal requirements for software development.
- Manage the product enhancements lifecycle including:
- Write functional design documents, technical requirements, and user cases
- Develop test plans and test cases
- Conduct testing
- Oversee training and procedural documentation
- Manage implementations
- Work collaboratively with design, development, and others to ensure understanding and to gain consensus during the requirements process.
- Interface with IT in developing requirements to ensure an efficient architecture and design of the final outcome.
- Work with Operations in analyzing business needs to enhance operational performance and effectiveness.
- Participate with Client Service in analyzing client needs related to existing products and services.
- Collaborate with Product Development in analyzing client needs related to new client implementations or new product initiatives.
- Proactively seek and implement process improvements including analyzing data trends to identify opportunities through internal & external system/process enhancements.
- Analyze product issues, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements.
- Assist product or project manager in documenting requirements and implementing new strategic features or functionality.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional product or project teams.
- Manage relationships with strategic business partners.
- Identify financial, operational or compliance risks and establish controls to mitigate risks.
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations.
- Cross-train to support other Analysts with their products as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products, and regulatory requirements for assigned products.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university or six years related experience
- 3-5 years as a Business Analyst, including experience in a client facing role
- Proven experience with business and technical writing requirements (user stories)
- Proven experience developing test schedules, reviewing testing plans, tracking test issues and reporting on test results.
- Detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Working knowledge of project management and testing methodology and procedures.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, and conferring cross-functionally.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Banking/ACH experience
- Payment processing experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, write, and interpret emails and general business correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and members in English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.