Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Graphic Designer is a senior creative position and design leader responsible for the department’s creative design and production for a combination of B2B and B2C communications projects. Responsibilities include original design and production design for both digital and print executions. Projects include UI/UX for websites and mobile apps, marketing collateral, sales collateral, catalogs, presentation decks, and advertisements that draw attention and communicate crisply. The Senior Graphic Designer will have the creative lead on some projects and provide support on other projects driven by Marketing. This position requires work with outside vendors, as appropriate.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for a wide variety of visual design and user interface executions and will be a primary leader of the department who is also a “doer.” Projects and essential duties include:
- Design and execute modern design for branded program engagement emails, announcements, logos, presentations, retail signage, ads, landing pages, brochures, flyers and infographics.
- Lay out UI/UX wireframes for websites and mobile apps.
- Development of designs for partner content, case studies, white papers, and other deliverable content.
- Collaborate on designs for lead gen efforts through websites, emails, and social pages including CTAs.
- Contribute to idea sessions with Marketing and keep up to date with marketing and design trends.
- Ensure that all visual design adheres to existing brand guidelines across multiple marketing channels and help to evolve these guidelines over time.
- Deliver finalized, full fidelity design comps for implementation.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 5+ years of design experience with a portfolio showcasing branding, print, and digital design.
- Digital design experience is a requirement.
- Experience leading mobile app, web, and email projects, large or small, from start to finish.
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, design skills and typography skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of excellent design and hierarchy of communications theory.
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Sketch and Invision, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of responsive web design and accessibility standards for web is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.