Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
This is a hands-on position for someone who thrives in working together as part of a small team that is focused on customer support and workplace technology. This individual will continuously push forward processes and technologies required to implement, support, organize, modify, and enhance our Support Management process and the enterprise desktop environment. As such, this person is a key leader for Solutran’s IT service team.
Solutran’s IT service team is responsible for providing fantastic customer service supporting and maintaining the company’s desktop environment as well as incident response. They are the first point of contact for resolving or escalating issues relating to hardware, software, network, and others of computer end users when they raise requests or problems through emails, instant messages, chats or phone calls. They also provide high quality desktop support to all business users as well as help manage certain application services.
The Ideal candidate will have prior help desk support and ticketing system experience in a corporate business end-user environment where they delivered support in-person, over phone/video conferencing, and through email. They should also have experience in the design, build, and maintenance of desktop images and solutions (across platforms) while continuing to improve the enterprise endpoint reference architecture. Finally, they must be passionate about refining processes and efficiency, and know how to leverage their ITIL knowledge to improve operations and delight their customers.
The Senior IT Support and Desktop Engineer must have excellent customer service skills, be equipped with the passion, resources and insight to help achieve them. In return, they will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team in a great environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work onsite at our Plymouth, MN office
- Maintain and log all service calls on the ticketing system and maintain full documentation, tracking and analyzing trends to efficiently deliver temporary and permanent solutions
- Track and analyze documented ticketing trends
- Resolve escalated support tickets. Delivers “white-glove” desktop support to all end-users at all organizational levels
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected separate from ticketing trends
- Ensure that all incidents are closed within Service Level Agreements, creating and updating SLAs as needed
- Resolve escalated end-user issues and notify management of any concerns
- Ensure all installations are completed in a timely and professional fashion and that deadlines are either achieved or exceeded upon
- Work with internal users to ensure operational and service excellence is delivered and maintained
- Walk customer through problem-solving process to explain the solution in user-friendly terms
- Assist with set up and configuring new laptops and desktops for new hires as well as other on-boarding tasks
- Install authorized software to laptops and desktops
- Role model in performance standards and demonstrates and champions behaviors in line with the service delivery strategy
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team including management
- Oversee and help lead IT initiatives and personnel
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 4 years minimum experience in an experienced IT Help Desk professional environment and relative job capacity
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Server, Office (All Versions) in a business environment
- CompTIA certification, other certifications a plus
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to efficiently communicate complicated matters to others
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- ITIL Certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.