Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. The Senior Project Manager will lead and manage complex, medium to large-scale cross-functional client implementation projects involving exciting and innovative technologies as well as projects to develop and support our current business lines. We are a highly respected service organization known for delivery of quality products, often in very tight timeframes. The Senior Project Manager must possess a highly collaborative style and engage stakeholders to manage conflict, negotiate, and build relationships both within and outside our organization. We are fast-paced, and we look to the Senior Project Manager to tailor projects, apply the project processes, and identify the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently and effectively deliver projects on time, in scope and within the cost constraints, as well as mentor fellow Project Managers. A successful project manager at Solutran can lead and manage through ambiguity, being flexible and able to adapt plans as new information becomes available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and build superior customer relations and possess exceptional people and leadership skills consistently practicing those behaviors to build and develop the project team.
- Participate in the development of a PMO; building PMO best practices, and the development and maintenance of Organizational Process Assets.
- Collaborate with Solutran’s business lines and other departments to identify and align resources during all phases of the project processes.
- Expertly tailor each project by incorporating the appropriate project management plans, documents, processes, tools, and techniques and employ the appropriate processes within the project management process groups of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and control and closing.
- Develop and maintain project management plans, documents and baselines (scope, cost and schedule) for project measurement.
- Engage stakeholders to align scope to meet client requirements, reduce risks, and manage costs.
- Implement risk management practices to ensure risks are identified, prioritized, and managed early and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Mentor fellow Project Managers and provide guidance towards their career growth when needed.
- Implement integrated change control to ensure that changes are tracked, managed, approved and validated.
- Create meaningful project reporting that communicates the right message to the right stakeholders at the right time.
- Facilitate meaningful project meetings (in-person, web-ex, skype) only when necessary to the right audience with a clearly defined purpose and planned outcomes.
- Provide project management subject matter expertise in client/prospect related discussions, presentations, or RFP responses.
- Work with minimal direction on complex, technical initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 6+ years as a project manager leading or managing medium to large scale projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional teams throughout projects, i.e. Product, Sales, Client Services, Operations, I.T., QA.
- Experience in all phases of software project management, including initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, pre-launch and launch.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work as a team leader motivating, mentoring and collaborating with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to grasp technical processes quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to prioritize.
- Flexibility and a desire to problem solve and continually learn.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
- Experience managing client implementations with software development involving new software products or enhancements to products, including initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, pre-launch and launch.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing projects utilizing an agile development approach.
- Experience with MS Project and SharePoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position. Due to COVID-19 this position may be a temporary remote/work-from-home position. Candidates for this role must live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.