Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning, design, and execution of system testing on simple to complex projects. The QA Analyst works collaboratively with the Development and Product teams to define testing strategy, write test plans, write test cases according to requirements, and execute cases. The QA Analyst conducts system testing and publishes test results to stakeholders. This individual should be comfortable creating and cleaning up test data, including querying databases to access information to support test execution and validation. The QA Analyst’s motivation should be to strive for excellence while facilitating testing, supporting development, and ensuring quality to deliver systems that meet or exceed client expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain testing standards and practices to assure quality in all products.
- Review and understand functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable and define test scenarios required to validate development aligns with requirements.
- Build, manage, and maintain regression test suites.
- Perform testing on various software and reporting systems.
- Effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical sides of the business, articulating issues or needs in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate strong participation in the SCRUM team, willingly taking on roles outside of QA when it benefits the team’s goals.
- Show willingness and ability to serve as a resource to other team members.
- Support, troubleshoot, and analyze product issues including triaging issues with data processing and web applications.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements.
- Contribute to strategic project teams from kick-off through successful implementation within established timeframes.
- Train or assist other analysts as needed on testing protocol.
- Proficiently use SQL and other data tools to research issues and obtain information for testing.
- Support production deployments as scheduled, including occasional after-hours events
- Contribute to test automation as needed
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 2-4 years of Software Quality Assurance experience, in an agile environment a plus.
- Associates or four-year degree; and/or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of SQL and relational data models.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of mobile and web application development.
- Experience building, maintaining, and executing regression test suites to support CI/CD development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and results oriented skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited direction/supervision while exercising good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Visio, and DBMS tools.
- Computer Science/IS/IT/Math degrees a plus.
- Experience using QA automation software and frameworks including: Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, JMeter, Postman, SOAPUI, Xamarin, UITest, and any other test management, automation software and testing frameworks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3™ Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits Plus™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.