Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
The Systems Administrator will work on a team dedicated to maintaining all IT related infrastructure for both on-premise and cloud applications.
In this role, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, server, network, desktop support and operating systems and associated subsystems, security, storage, infrastructure appliances, and other unique environments. Our Systems Administrator supports all LAN/WAN devices that provide Solutran systems with network access, as well as connectivity between sites. In addition, this role provides system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware, and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems, as well as identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources and saving money. We are in the early stages of a cloud transition. The ideal candidate would have related engineering experience in cloud technologies and migration.
Note: For this role we are looking for local candidates only within the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner directly with the Solutran Technical Services team, to ensure all Solutran users’ day to day needs are met in a timely manner.
- Support and maintain the Solutran server infrastructure in multiple geographical sites.
- Support and maintain platform-related activities in Azure Cloud or other cloud partners.
- Support and maintain the Solutran network Infrastructure which has connectivity to multiple geographical sites (P2P connections, as well as MPLS connectivity).
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade, server operating systems. (Windows XP, 7, 10, Windows Server 2000 – 2016.
- Research, plan and purchase hardware, software needed by the Solutran Technical Services group.
- Work with other System Administrators to ensure security is a high priority on Solutran-owned systems. Duties include vulnerability scanning, patching, server hardening and audit compliance.
- Document and create diagrams outlining systems capabilities, processes, and environments.
- Assist in recording and maintaining hardware and software inventories, licensing, and user access and security.
- Work on team projects, as well as individually assigned projects.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time requirement, and compatibility systems.
- Act as secondary desktop engineer during working hours, when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality about Solutran-owned information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
- Occasional off hours support as needed.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Solutran Technical Service staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
(*) Qualifications requiring more than basic knowledge
- Cisco Networking* (ASA Firewalls, Cisco Switching)
- Watchguard Firewalls
- Load Balancing (KEMP) *
- LAN Administration*
- Internet Protocols – DNS, FTP, HTTP(s)*
- IIS Web Servers / WordPress / SSL Certificates*
- Microsoft Windows (XP, 7, 10, 2000/2003 and 2008, 2012, and 2016 Server) *
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization
- Azure Cloud Platform strategy and operations
- Microsoft Active Directory*
- Microsoft Group Policy*
- Microsoft Exchange/Office 365*
- Microsoft Office*
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Email Security – Anti-Spam
- Web Security – Web Filtering
- Device Monitoring
- Printer Hardware
- Two or four-year BA or BS, or university program certificate in related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator with increasing responsibility.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Accurate and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to change priorities when needed or required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and we share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.