Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs (SNAP, eWIC), employers, and retailers. We have established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
We are dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. Our Technical Product Manager focuses on our API integrations with our S3 Partner API, along with client and member support applications including our Program Sponsor Portal (PSP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
This role is responsible for monitoring each stage of the product lifecycle from design and requirements to development and testing (functional, security and performance), and release management ensuring that our APIs and support application deliver the value that’s expected from a wide range of stakeholders.
The right candidate is someone who can “think big” while diving deep, remain flexible to change, and someone with a passion for innovation.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work in a collaborative, agile environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies, business models and capabilities into high quality products for our clients.
Local Twin Cities, Minnesota candidates only, please.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as high availability product owner, communicating product requirements and rationale with all stakeholders including technology development teams, QA, marketing, sales, finance, and executives.
- Create, maintain, and communicate product roadmaps; perform and document change management.
- Develop and iterate on our customer facing APIs as well as client facing portal applications.
- Adopt rigor in all activity including use of tools, processes, and methodologies such as JIRA, Agile.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business requirements, technical limitations, performance and operational.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Produce high quality documentation based on implemented methodology standards.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 3+ years of Technical Product Management/Product Owner or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching software products in an Agile environment.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills – ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
- Demonstrated project team leadership skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Hands-on experience with APIs and cloud-based technologies.
- Solid understanding of application architectures, databases, SQL, APIs, etc.
- Ability to design and document user flows and workflows to support application development.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to assess priorities and influence roadmaps.
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with non-technical and technical people inside and outside the organization.
- Payments industry knowledge.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee must have the ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend, or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position. During the COVID-19 pandemic, work from home may be an option for this position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.