Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government programs. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran is dedicated to promoting health, providing solutions for over-the-counter benefits, rewards, healthy food incentives and government programs supporting food insecure individuals.
This position provides the opportunity to contribute and lead meaningful growth of our Government Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) business.
Since committing to support the full set of Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service programs in 2014, Solutran has developed a series of technological innovations that have enabled it to lead the industry. With core products in place and a high success ratio in winning state bids, Solutran is poised for significant growth. We are expanding rapidly and recruiting strong, entrepreneurial talent to help scale this business, from systematizing upfront marketing and proposal development to improving the customer experience and back-end servicing.
This position reports into the Chief Operating Officer. Given the inter-relatedness of Government EBT with the Healthy Benefits Plus and Healthy Savings businesses, this position may also take on assignments that cross multiple businesses under the direction of the CEO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Owns responsibility to manage and grow Solutran’s Government EBT business.
- Works in partnership with Marketing, Finance, Client Services, Operations, and IT to leverage the full talents of the company in solving Solutran’s day-to-day and strategic challenges while aligning resources against Government EBT goals.
- Builds and mentors a team that fosters collaboration internally and a united front with external relationships to assure customer excellence is delivered at all levels.
- Develops hands-on understanding of staff functions and company policies and practices that affect each phase of the business.
- Produces top quality RFP responses that effectively win business with top scores.
- Leverages strong analytical and communication capabilities to support the development of new process, procedures and product enhancements that support innovation, increased client satisfaction, market share gains and increased profits.
- Supports Solutran’s focus on continuous improvement. Analyzes performance progress with management and develops aligned improvement actions.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience with Government EBT
- Extensive experience writing successful RFP’s
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and business judgment skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company and with industry leaders
- Position requires proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee may occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is an office-based position.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business communication, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and vendors.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Solutran, Inc. is a FinTech company, offering state-of-the-art technology to the public and private sector for over 30 years. With more than 100 million transactions processed to date, we’ve established a long-standing reputation for excellence in customer service through delivering best-in-class, advanced technology solutions.
Solutran supports public sector government programs such as WIC, SNAP and TANF and provides processing support for 69 state and Indian Tribal Organization WIC Programs across the country. In the private sector, Solutran deployed its S3® Solution Suite with the nation’s largest retailers and leading health plans in 2018, which includes the Healthy Savings® and Healthy Benefits+™ programs.
Solutran does not sponsor work visas for foreign nationals. This position is not eligible for relocation, so candidates must be local.
Solutran offers a very comprehensive benefits and compensation package. We pride ourselves on our continued growth and share in our successes through individual bonuses and profit sharing.
It is the policy of Solutran to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Solutran will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Solutran’s goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.